3) Have fun helping others by answering video game related questions! Once you have answered at least 20 questions, you will be eligible for the daily drawings. Make sure you are logged in when answering the questions so that you get credit.
Note that posting poor quality answers will get you disqualified from the contest, including:
One word answers
Excessively copying and pasting answers from other websites, and especially answers that are not relevant to the question. It is preferred you answer in your own words. If you got your answer from somewhere else you must post a link to that site to credit the source.
GameShampoo editors will review the answers of all eligible contestants and will disqualify those who spam low quality answers. When answering a question, think how you would have liked to be helped!
4) Every day beginning Tuesday, April 19 2011 and ending Monday, April 25 2011, a drawing will be held between all users who are eligible per the rules above. The drawing will take place at 23:59 PST. One copy of the game will be given out each day, for a total of 7 (seven) copies. THAT'S RIGHT, YOU HAVE SEVEN CHANCES TO WIN!
5) IN ADDITION, 3 (THREE) MORE COPIES OF PORTAL 2 WILL BE GIVEN OUT TO THE THREE TOP USERS WHO HAVE ACCUMULATED THE MOST POINTS IN OUR LADDER BY APRIL 25. You earn points on the ladder for asking questions, answering questions, voting, and more. See our FAQ on how to earn more points.
Some more rules:
- Each user can win no more than 1 (one) copy of Portal 2 during the length of this promotion.
- No purchase necessary to win.
- Winners will be notified by email within 24 hours of the drawing.
- Steam account required. For transparency purposes, we will publish the Steam IDs and the link to the Facebook pages of the winners on this page.
Portal 2 Giveaway Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How many copies are being given out
A: A total of 10 (TEN) copies will be given out, one copy each to 10 different users.
Q: What do I have to do to be eligible to win?
A: Like us on our Facebook, then answer 20 questions and you will be entered into our daily drawings. In addition, you can keep participating in the site and get even more points. The 3 users that have the most points when the promotion ends (Apr 25 23:59 PST) will also win a copy of Portal 2.
Q: Do I have to answer 20 questions every day?
A: No, once you have answered 20 questions you will be entered in each subsequent drawing. However, you can still continue participating and earning points to get to the top of the ladder and GUARANTEE your free copy.
Q: How is the drawing done?
A: Each eligible user is assigned a number. Winning number is then randomly generated through random.org. Winning users will be notified by email. For transparency, the STEAM ID and link to the FACEBOOK PAGE of the winners will be published on this page.
Q: If I am amongst the top 3 users when the promotion ends, am I guaranteed the prize or will it still be some sort of raffle?
A: If you are amongst the top 3 users on Apr 25, 23:59 PST , you are GUARANTEED to receive a Portal 2 copy.