- The Monsters of the Wailing Prison
- Strider Review
- BioShock Dev Irrational Fires All But 15 Employees
- New Titanfall Maps Confirmed
- There Are Aliens In Titanfall
- Guide: How to Dominate The Elder Scrolls Online PvP
- The Elder Scrolls Online PvP Experience
- Get Glow-in-the-Dark Condoms For Pre-Ordering InFamous: Second Son
- Batman: Arkham Origins Devs Have No Intention To Fix Bugs - Working On DLC Instead
- 8 Exclusive ESO Screenshots
Borderlands 2 Patch To Nerf Hacking On Xbox 360
- Categorized in: Video Game News
A post in the Gearbox forums warns users of an external application that certain mean-spirited hackers use which "maliciously disrupts the experience and sabotages characters of legitimate Borderlands 2 players."
"After extensive internal testing, an update to prevent this disruption has been submitted to Microsoft and will be released as soon as possible. Until then, concerned Xbox 360 players of Borderlands 2 should consider playing online with trusted individuals in non-public sessions. This does not affect players on PC or Playstation 3," Gearbox's community manager told worried gamers tonight.
Gearbox also recommends players always select "Save and Quit" before quitting out of the game while the character is still alive. "If after the death of their character players find themselves at the main menu of Borderlands 2 instead of respawning in-game, be sure to immediately select 'Continue' to resume playing as that character."
The exact nature of the hack remains vague, but hopefully Gearbox and their patch should be able to quell it before things get really out of hand.
New comments are currently disabled.