- GotY - Best Wii U Exclusive of 2013
- GotY - Best Xbox One Exclusive of 2013
- GotY - Best Xbox 360 Exclusive of 2013
- No Man's Sky First Details
- Bungie Announces Destiny Release Date
- Pachter: "Microsoft Loses The Next Generation" Over Price
- Visceral Games Developing Military Shooter For EA, Could Be Battlefield Spinoff
- GotY - Best Vita Exclusive of 2013
- Fallout 4 Will Not Be At Spike VGX
- GotY - Best Nintendo 3DS Game of 2013
Borderlands 2 Patch Resetting Badass Rank, Golden Keys, Entire Save Files
- Categorized in: Video Game News
Users have been reoprting issues with a patch for Borderlands 2 issued early this morning. The patch, designed to make the new Mechromancer DLC gel with the rest of the game, has apparently had a number of adverse effects on people's games, and depending on your attachment to your character sheet you might want to wait it out before delving into the DLC.
Many users have reported that the patch wipes their Badass Points score. This effect isn't exactly new, as several other triggers have caused users to lose their Badass Points in the past, but it seems as if this new patch and DLC may be another trigger for the glitch.
A second, even meaner effect causes players to lose their accumulated Golden Keys, an accomody far more valuable than Badass Points.
Other reports have since come in of players losing skins, heads, and even entire save files. This reporter can sadly confirm the latter of those; my own save file was wiped installing the DLC.
If you have much attachment to your character, you might want to step back and allow Gearbox to fix everything before diving into the DLC. And if you were one of those unfortunate enough to lose everything, check out our guides to catch back up. We'll help you get infinite Golden Keys, Eridium, Badass Points and more.