- Awakening Could've Been The Last Fire Emblem
- Microsoft On Xbox One Used Games - "We Don't Know Yet"
- Xbox One Doesn't Work When Kinect Is Disconnected
- Ryse Confirmed For Xbox One
- Call Of Duty: Ghosts Revealed, Multiplayer Detailed
- Xbox One Launches This Fall
- Halo Television Show, NFL Xbox One Experience Announced
- Microsoft And Remedy Reveal Quantum Break For Xbox One
- Forza 5 Officially Revealed For Xbox One
- Xbox One Always Connected To Cloud, Achievements And Xbox LIVE To Change Dynamically
Borderlands 2 Blasts Away Competition, Had Biggest Sales Debut Of The Year
- Categorized in: Video Game News
Last week we reported that Gearbox's beloved Borderlands 2 was on track to exceed sales expectations. Now we have received word courtesy of Chart-Track that the title is officially the biggest video game launch of the year in the UK, beating out the lucrative Mass Effect 3 by a solid 4,000 sales.
This marks massive series growth over the original Borderlands, which premiered in seventh place when it released back in 2009. The sequel has outsold its predecessor by a massive 4 to 1 ratio.
Other big UK releases this week included F1 2012, Pro Evolution Soccer and LittleBigPlanet Vita. These series, while all traditionally quite popular in the region, could do little to dethrone the freight train that is Borderlands 2. F1 2012 took second, while Pro Evolution Soccer settled for third. LittleBigPlanet was the weakest of the new releases by far, debuting in sixth place on the charts.
If these massive sales are any indication, we can expect much, much more in the future for Borderlands and Gearbox. The Mechromancer is just the first of many great things to come.