- Fallout 4 Will Not Be At Spike VGX
- GotY - Best Nintendo 3DS Game
- Everything We Know About Persona 5 So Far
- Game of the Year Awards 2013 - Breakdown
- 15 Awesome Games You Didn't Play This Generation
- Persona 5 Continues High School Setting, But With Different "Atmosphere"
- Nintendo 3DS Holiday Gift Guide
- Full List of Xbox One Kinect Voice Commands
- Super Mario 3D World Review
- Forza Motorsport 5 Review
Borderlands 2 Blasts Away Competition, Had Biggest Sales Debut Of The Year
- Categorized in: Video Game News
Last week we reported that Gearbox's beloved Borderlands 2 was on track to exceed sales expectations. Now we have received word courtesy of Chart-Track that the title is officially the biggest video game launch of the year in the UK, beating out the lucrative Mass Effect 3 by a solid 4,000 sales.
This marks massive series growth over the original Borderlands, which premiered in seventh place when it released back in 2009. The sequel has outsold its predecessor by a massive 4 to 1 ratio.
Other big UK releases this week included F1 2012, Pro Evolution Soccer and LittleBigPlanet Vita. These series, while all traditionally quite popular in the region, could do little to dethrone the freight train that is Borderlands 2. F1 2012 took second, while Pro Evolution Soccer settled for third. LittleBigPlanet was the weakest of the new releases by far, debuting in sixth place on the charts.
If these massive sales are any indication, we can expect much, much more in the future for Borderlands and Gearbox. The Mechromancer is just the first of many great things to come.