- Batman: Arkham Origins Developers Discuss New Upgrades System - "More [Like] Borderlands"
- Forza Vista Teased For Tomorrow's Xbox Reveal
- New Villains, Playable Deathstroke Revealed For Arkham Origins
- Sonic Lost World Coming Exclusively For Wii U And 3DS
- Reus Review
- Borderlands 2 'Krieg The Psycho' DLC Review
- Metro: Last Light Musician Achievement Guide
- Pokemon X & Y Rumors Include Fairy-Types, New Mewtwo Evolutions, Gym Leaders
- Sony Announces Gran Tourismo 6
- Metro: Last Light Review
Microsoft Confirms Next Xbox
- Categorized in: Video Game News
Microsoft sent out a press release for their Hotmail/Outlook services today that contained a sly confirmation of the next Xbox. In the press release, the electronics giant stated that they revamped their Hotmail and Outlook services last week "in time for the new wave of products" due to launch over the next year or so, amongst them "the new Xbox."
Other than that brief confirmation, Microsoft has remained tight-lipped on the subject of a new console despite it being a well-known fact that multiple high-profile developers are working on content for the system. A leaked document earlier this year purported to reveal the specifics of the so-called "Xbox 720," and thus far it's proven to be pretty accurate. If the rest of this document proves to be true, we can expect the next Xbox to feature an upgraded Kinect, VR tech, and a heavy emphasis on cloud-based streaming technology.
Perhaps Microsoft is taking its time in developing the next platform to ensure that we don't end up with any disasters on the scale of the Xbox 360 launch, which saw systems melting down and "red ringing," not to mention the disappointing launches of Kameo: Elements of Power and Perfect Dark Zero. Only time will tell, but when it does, you can be sure that we'll have all of the coverage for you.