- Sonic Lost World Coming Exclusively For Wii U And 3DS
- Reus Review
- Borderlands 2 'Krieg The Psycho' DLC Review
- Metro: Last Light Musician Achievement Guide
- Pokemon X & Y Rumors Include Fairy-Types, New Mewtwo Evolutions, Gym Leaders
- Sony Announces Gran Tourismo 6
- Metro: Last Light Review
- GRID 2 Achievements Guide
- Nintendo "Fixes" Gay Marriage In Life Sim - By Removing It Altogether
- The Best Borderlands 2 Builds: Krieg The Psycho
Here's Nine Minutes Of Sleeping Dogs Gameplay
- Categorized in: Video Game News
Not content with just one Sleeping Dogs announcement for the day, Square-Enix and United Front have teamed up again to release a lengthy trailer for the open world action thriller. The below gameplay video shows off a mission entitled "Mrs. Chu's Revenge," which turns out to be a perfect vertical slice of all of the varied gameplay styles represented in the final game. Protagonist Wei begins the mission by racing around the streets of Hong Kong in a souped-up sports car before disembarking at a wharf to dispense some martial arts-tinged justice. We have to wonder if smashing a random guy with a car engine is perhaps stretching the undercover cop rulebook a little bit, but hey, whatever gets the job done, right?
After pummeling his share of bad guys, Wei leaps over cover and disarms an enemy. Pistol in hand, he carves through hoards of thugs like they were nothing. This gives us an intriguing glimpse of Sleeping Dogs' gunplay, an aspect of the game that had gone sadly underexposed as the fisticuffs stole the spotlight in previous marketing videos. Wei can and will utilize cover, but make no mistake, this is no Gears of War ripoff. The main purpose for utilizing cover isn't to cower behind it, but to vault over it. When vaulting, Wei will get a temporary slow-motion adrenaline boost. Players will be able to extend this boost by scoring headshots, which should hopefully encourage skillful and fast-paced shooting.
This lengthy glimpse of Sleeping Dogs made us all the more excited to get our hands on it in just a few weeks. Look for a full review of the game around its August 14th release.