- Awakening Could've Been The Last Fire Emblem
- Microsoft On Xbox One Used Games - "We Don't Know Yet"
- Xbox One Doesn't Work When Kinect Is Disconnected
- Ryse Confirmed For Xbox One
- Call Of Duty: Ghosts Revealed, Multiplayer Detailed
- Xbox One Launches This Fall
- Halo Television Show, NFL Xbox One Experience Announced
- Microsoft And Remedy Reveal Quantum Break For Xbox One
- Forza 5 Officially Revealed For Xbox One
- Xbox One Always Connected To Cloud, Achievements And Xbox LIVE To Change Dynamically
Final Fantasy Versus XIII Not Dead After All, Says Square-Enix
- Categorized in: Video Game News
Square-Enix took a rather nonchalant approach to denying the recent rumor that development on Versus XIII had been cancelled. The company's CEO Yoishi Wada took to Twitter last night to tell worried fans that he had just left a "regular" meeting concerning the game, and that one of the new cities they added to the game would "sweep you off your feet" if only you could see it.
This is reassuring news for the fans, to be sure, but isn't it still odd that we've seen neither hide nor hair of this lavish action/RPG at recent industry events like E3 or Comic Con? How long must Versus XIII wallow in development hell before finally seeing the light of day?
With the protracted development history of the game and split opinions on the game's namesake, Final Fantasy XIII, many are speculating that Square-Enix is actually plotting to re-name Versus XIII as XV, thus making it a proper entry in the core series. Whether or not that turns out to be true is still up in the air, but you can be sure that we'll let you know as soon as we find out.