- The Monsters of the Wailing Prison
- Strider Review
- BioShock Dev Irrational Fires All But 15 Employees
- New Titanfall Maps Confirmed
- There Are Aliens In Titanfall
- Guide: How to Dominate The Elder Scrolls Online PvP
- The Elder Scrolls Online PvP Experience
- Get Glow-in-the-Dark Condoms For Pre-Ordering InFamous: Second Son
- Batman: Arkham Origins Devs Have No Intention To Fix Bugs - Working On DLC Instead
- 8 Exclusive ESO Screenshots
BioShock Dev Irrational Fires All But 15 Employees
- Categorized in: Video Game News
Irrational Games has laid off the vast majority of its staff and is currently undergoing massive structural changes, studio founder and creative director Ken Levine revealed in an open letter to the press. All but 15 of the employees have been let go as the studio restructures.
So, what's next for Irrational?
"While I'm deeply proud of what we've accomplished together, my passion has turned to making a different kind of game than we've done before," Levine wrote. "To meet the challenge ahead, I need to refocus my energy on a smaller team with a flatter structure and a more direct relationship with gamers. In many ways, it will be a return to how we started: a small team making games for the core gaming audience."
In other words, these layoffs weren't forced by financials or poor sales (BioShock Infinite actually did quite well), but rather by the ambitions of Levine. He wanted to focus on smaller projects, so he essentially purged the studio of the vast majority of its talent - or at least, that's how it seems to the outside eye.
We feel for everyone suffering from the layoffs. There is currently a Google doc and a Twitter hashtag compiling work for hire for all those in need of a new position. Check it out if you were affected by the layoffs.
New comments are currently disabled.