- Awakening Could've Been The Last Fire Emblem
- Microsoft On Xbox One Used Games - "We Don't Know Yet"
- Xbox One Doesn't Work When Kinect Is Disconnected
- Ryse Confirmed For Xbox One
- Call Of Duty: Ghosts Revealed, Multiplayer Detailed
- Xbox One Launches This Fall
- Halo Television Show, NFL Xbox One Experience Announced
- Microsoft And Remedy Reveal Quantum Break For Xbox One
- Forza 5 Officially Revealed For Xbox One
- Xbox One Always Connected To Cloud, Achievements And Xbox LIVE To Change Dynamically
Borderlands 2 Mod Disables Cel Shading, Makes Graphics More Realistic
- Categorized in: Video Game News
Borderlands 2 is a distinctive game for many reasons, among them its humor and its melding of role-playing and shooter gameplay. But it is easily the game's visuals, a last-minute switcheroo on the last project and a full blown cel shaded style of its own in the second, that makes the game pop to millions of gamers everywhere. But have you ever wondered what Borderlands 2 would look like without the cel shading?
Well wonder no more, as Steam user Melchio has devised a mod which removes the game's signature style and instead replaces it with a more realistic look. Well, maybe "realistic" in this case would be a stretch, since the game's unique art style still shines through. In fact, it almost reminds us of a more stylized Darksiders, and creates a really unique look that isn't seen in other games.
The game's lighting also takes a dramatic shift from the mod, draping everything in a much more sinister glow.
To implement this simple tweak for yourself, follow these steps:
- Head to Documents > My Games > Borderlands2 > WillowGame > Config > WillowEngine
- Press CTRL + F and find the string of code beginning "WillowScenePostProcess"
- Replace with the following: "CinematicScenePostProcess"
- Save and exit code