- Bungie Announces Destiny Release Date
- Pachter: "Microsoft Loses The Next Generation" Over Price
- Visceral Games Developing Military Shooter For EA, Could Be Battlefield Spinoff
- GotY - Best Vita Exclusive
- Fallout 4 Will Not Be At Spike VGX
- GotY - Best Nintendo 3DS Game
- Everything We Know About Persona 5 So Far
- Game of the Year Awards 2013 - Breakdown
- 15 Awesome Games You Didn't Play This Generation
- Persona 5 Continues High School Setting, But With Different "Atmosphere"
Gearbox Promises Increased Level Cap In Borderlands 2 DLC
- Categorized in: Video Game News
We've all had plenty of time to reach Borderlands 2's Level 50 cap by now, and with the DLC stream still going strong it's a question on every fan's mind: when will the game's level cap finally be raised?
Gearbox associate producer James Lopez brought us answers today, and the increase might be closer than you think.
"We do have one planned, and it will be for quite a few levels which will allow you to play for quite a bit longer," Lopez said to Official Playstation Magazine. "We also have a plan for Q1."
This year's first quarter ends in March, so is that a confirmation that we will be playing past Level 50 by then?
Gerabox has been using the Shift system to monitor how players have been progressing through the game, and are developing future plans for the title based on the feedback they receive there.
"We wanted to give people enough time to get at least one level 50 in there, and then see from there, how many people are doing this. Is this a good time for this? We also didn't want to wait so long that people were no longer interested, or felt like it wasn't coming."
Borderlands 2 is going as strong now as it was the day it released. Check out our review of Sir Hammerlock's Big Game Hunt for a rundown of the latest content to come to the game, and stay tuned for more Borderlands 2 news and reviews.