CBS Interactive claiming copyright on my Diablo 3 video?

Discussion in 'Diablo III' started by QuestBeater, May 22, 2012.

1. QuestBeater Member

I uploaded a video of Diablo 3 to youtube, on my personal channel (I dont make money out of it at all)

I just wanted to show off some Diablo 3 gameplay, have people see my character doing quests and stuff

But after I uploaded it, I got the following email:

Information about your video "Diablo 3 Playthrough, last part of Act I"

Dear ******,

Your video "Diablo 3 Playthrough, last part of Act I ", may have content that is owned or licensed by CBS Interactive, but it’s still available on YouTube! In some cases, ads may appear next to it.

This claim is not penalizing your account status. Visit your Copyright Notice page for more details on the policy applied to your video.

Sincerely,
    - The YouTube Team

Next to my video it said "Matched 3rd party content" and when I click on it it says that it matches audiovisual content administered by CBS Interactive

But I thought Blizzard Entertainment owned copyrights to Diablo 3, not CBS Interactive? Why did CBS Interactive claim copyright on a Diablo III video? and why my video, there are many diablo 3 videos on youtube, noone seems to have a problem with them, and if anybody was to have a problem with the video, shouldn't it be Blizzard and not CBS?
  2. MartinGamer Member

link to video?
  3. QuestBeater Member

I chickened out and deleted it lol. Dont want youtube to ban my account or something